Occupation : Lecturer- Plant Biotechnology Dept., Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Institute, Minufiya University, Sadat city, Egypt
Specialization : Plant Biotechnology" Tissue Culture" Medicinal and Aromatic plants.
Email : Metwally_H@yahoo.com
Telephone No. : 02- 27575325 - 048 -2601266 - 0106352602
- Ph.D, Medicinal &Aromatic Plants), Horticulture Dept., Faculty of Agriculture, Azhar University (2002)
MSc, Medicinal &Aromatic Plants), Horticulture Dept., Faculty of Agriculture, Azhar University (1996).
- High Diploma, Horticulture Dept., Faculty of Agriculture, Azhar University (1988). - BSc. (Agriculture Science), Horticulture Dept., Faculty of Agriculture, Ain Shams Univ,
Main Research or topics:
- Natural products production from medicinal &Aromatic plants through biotechnology techniques.
- Enhancement of Secondary metabolites production via plant cell and tissue culture.
- Extracting the active materials and volatile oil.
- Studying the different factors, affecting secondary products.
- Using natural products in the different applications.
- Mass production of the economical medicinal &Aromatic plants.
- Biotechnology of secondary metabolites course B3 - 10. - Biotechnology of Medicinal & Aromatic plants course B3 - 8.
- Experiments in plant tissue culture course "1", C – 32
- Experiments in plant tissue culture course "11", C – 33
- Experiments in plant tissue culture course "111", C -34.
- Fundamentals of plant cell, tissue and organ culture course A - 36.
- Natural products of Plant course B3 - 40.
- Micro-propagation B3 – 34.
Participation of the projects:
- Participating in Medicinal & Aromatic plants group, Agricultural Technology Utilization & transfer project (A.T.U.T), Ministry of Agriculture and land Reclamation, 2000 -2001.Egypt.
- Using biotechnology techniques in the mass production of secondary metabolites from the Egyptian Medicinal and Aromatic plants project. Ministry of scientific Research and technology, Academy of scientific Research and technology.
Al Azhar University, Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Horticulture (2004 -2007).
Attendance of the conferences "recently":
- Fourth conference of Egyptian rural development, from 15 to 17 Sept., 2003, Faculty of Engineering, Minufiya University. Egypt
- Bio-Vision Alexandria 2004," The new life science, Ethics, Patents and the poor." From 3 to 6 April, 2004. Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria, Egypt
- Second international Conference of Genetic Engineering & its Application. Sharm El-Sheikh city, 14 November, 2006.
Recent Relevant Publication:
Bosila H.; El Gamal S; Mohamed S. M. and Bekhit M. (1997): Balance between hormone combination in leaf micro culture media callus production and glycosidal content of Digitalis lanata. Proceed in America,24,Annual Meeting. Atlanta, Georgia, Aug. pp 213-220.
Bosila H.; Mohamed S. M. El Gamal S. and Bekhit M. (2001): Factors affected callus production and glycosidal content in leaf tissue culture of Digitalis lanata. Proceeding of world conference (P11), on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Budapest, Hungry, 10 July.( ISHS, Acta Horticulturae 597, Vol. 1: (1), 2003).
Bosila H.; Reda K.; Mohamed S. M. and Bekhit M. (2003): Biological and preliminary phytochemical screening for certain ingredients in Alkanna orientalis L. widely grown in Egypt and under in vitro condition. Proceeding of world conference (P111), on Medicinal and Aromatic plants, Chiangmai, Thailand, 3 Feb.
Bosila H.; Reda K.; Mohamed S. M. and Bekhit M. (2003): Active ingredients production in Alkanna plant by using tissue culture technique. Proceeding of world conference (P111), on Medicinal and Aromatic plants, Chiangmai, Thailand, 3 Feb.
Emad M. A. and Bekhit M. H. ( 2004 ): A comparative study of the chemical constituents of Alkanna orientalis ( L.) Boiss "in vivo and in vitro". Annual review Faculty of Women for Arts, Science & Education, Ain Shams Uni, Women's College Amn. Rev., Vol. (23).
Nasr, M. I.; Ibrahim A. I.; Bekhit M. H.; Gomaa, E. R. (2006): Clonal propagation of Ginkgo biloba. Second international Conference of Genetic Engineering & its Application. Sharm El-Sheikh city, 14 Novamber, 2006.
Mohamed A. and Bekhit M. H. (2007): In vitro propagation of Balanites aegyptiaca L (Del). an endangered medicinal plant J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ.,32 (4), April, 2007.
Approved Training Course:
- Medicinal &Aromatic Plants, Desert Development Center, American University,(1993)
- Establishment & Management of planting nurse, Desert Development Center, the American University in Cairo, (1994).
- Erosion (the causes, problems & solutions), Desert Research Center (1996).
- The development of fruits trees productivity in drought &semi-drought regions. Desert Research Center (1997).
- Applications of isotopes in Biotechnology, Regional Middle East Center for Isotopes (1998).
- The new methods in plant biotechnology & bio-chemical analysis, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University / National Research Center (1998).
- Economical facilities studies for Projects of desert agricultural production. Desert Research Center (1999).
- Practical statistics, Desert Research Center (1999).
Approved Computer courses:
- Programming of computer applications in Greenhouse, Agricultural Research Center (1989).
- Microcomputer – Software Training Course, Agricultural Research Center (1995).
- DOS, Desert Research Center (1995). - Windows, Desert Research Center (1995).
- Win Word, Desert Research Center (1995). - Excel, Desert Research Center (1995).
- Costat, Statistical Analysis- Desert Research Center (1999).
- Power point, Minufiya University (2003).
- Introduction of technology (I T), Minufiya University (2006).
Approved English Language courses:
- Pre-TOEFL (Elementary level), The American University in Cairo, (1994).
- Pre-TOEFL (Intermediate), The American University in Cairo, (1994).
- TOEFL, Ain Shams University (1999).
Approved complementary courses:
- Qualifying of lecturer, Minufiya University (2001).
- Teaching Ethics, Minufiya University (2004).
- Scientific thinking skills, Minufiya University (2005).
- Effective communication, Minufiya University (2005).
- Effective presentation skills, Minufiya University (2006).
- Management of scientific research, Minufiya University (2006).
- Preparing research project, Minufiya University (2006).
MASTER THESIS (entitled)
1- Plant propagation Ginkgo biloba and secondary metabolites production through tissue
2- Phytochemical studies on pharmaceutical plant (Jatropha carcus)
3- Biotechnological studies on Cathranthus plant
4- Production and evaluation of natural products from some medicinal plants.
5- Biotechnological studies on some wild medicinal plants
1-Biotechnoligical studies on some medicinal plants.
Dr / Metwally Hassan Abdalla Bekhit
Lecturer- Plant Biotechnology Dept
Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology Institute,
Minufiya University, Sadat city, Egypt